Friday 5 October 2012

Day 9: IBT

When I was younger, I had this friend who just seemed to know everything I was thinking and think it at the exact same time. We would often blurt out identical sentences and then proceed to laugh giggle. This happened so often that we eventually started calling ourselves IBT's: Identical Brain Twins. Today, that friend I had is a big shot artist in a big city (or at least she will be once my blog goes viral and she's discovered by some big art dealer), and I'm lucky she still gives me the time of day! Seriously, my best friend, Laura, is very talented and shares my love of older homes and design. I value her opinion and have so much fun sharing my ideas for the little cape cod on the ridge with her because she understands my vision and has lots of great ideas and suggestions.

After a great morning of making waffles and letting my girls take care of my kids (I always find myself running around the house frantically trying to take advantage of the help whenever they come to visit...what are best friends for?), Laura and I headed out to the little cape cod on the ridge.



Caleb's buddy "Wonnie" (a.k.a. Ronnie) came along and Caleb showed him the fields. We are so lucky to have so much space!

Although I didn't get any work done on day nine, the boys continued to work on the getting the foundation forms set up.



Showed off our hard work on the inside of the little cape cod on the ridge.



Goal for Day 10: Finish removing the plaster and boards downstairs and clean up the mess.


My little man is already set to be a country boy, climbing trees already. I hope he's not like me! When I was little, I could climb up no problem...it was getting down that terrified me!

Could you resist this view?


No comments:

Post a Comment