Saturday 29 September 2012

Day 2: Timberrrrrr!

So, if you're paying attention, by now you've probably realized that my days do not line up with the calendar. That's because I'm about ten days behind. Once I get myself caught up, I'll post quick highlights daily, usually with a photo or two. Day three was all about cutting down trees and ripping up the carpet/vinyl flooring in the kids rooms upstairs. My goal is to finish their bedrooms as quickly as possible while the foundation for the addition is being laid, so I can move furniture up there and out of the way.

Today was all about cutting a big apple tree down (don't worry, there's more) to make way for the addition. Do I enjoy dragging giant branches up hill with a baby strapped to my chest, you ask. Uhhh, no! But it needed to be done. So, with the end result in mind and adrenaline pumping as I cursed thought about the people who had stayed home that day, I dragged the tree...in the rain!



Mama's boy


Don't lose the kid!


 I also brought my Japanese Maple out to the house day two, but I haven't decided where to plant it yet.


Here's what the floors look like now. Not finished, but it looks better already. We plan to sand the floorboards and leave them as is. I love the rustic look of the rough wood!

No comments:

Post a Comment