Friday 28 September 2012

Day 1: Baby, It's Cold Outside...and Inside Too!

People have pointed out many facts that suggest I am a little crazy to take on this project at this point in my life. Some have tried to discourage me from buying the house, doing the work myself, and involving my family in the whole process. While I appreciate their honest input, people close to me know that telling me I can't or shouldn't do something only makes me want to do it more, if only to prove to doubters that I can. Yes, I have two children. Yes, one of them is an extremely energetic three-year-old who seems to have a death wish. Yes, I just had a baby. Yes, I realize all the trees on my land sprout leaves, not money. I consider all of these things...challenges. 

One of the challenges I will face in renovating my little cape cod is making it as energy-efficient as possible. So, before I started with demolishing all the ugly, I had to find out how to keep cold out in the winter, and the warm in. To do this, I arranged to have a Pre-Energy Assessment done on my house. The results: this little cape cod needs some new insulation, Baby! Wooo hooo! How exciting! 


Did I fool you with the "woo hoo?" Ya, didn't think so. Hand me a sledge hammer, please.

1 comment:

  1. Jenny, follow your dreams Baby!!!

    Challenge is a good thing. Oh, but what a challenge.
    New house, new baby and a new winter in two months!
    The time line is tight but I know you can do it.
    Cheers,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete