Friday 2 November 2012

Days 23 - 29: And the Demo Continues

It's been awhile and that's mostly because things have been crazy busy at the little cape cod on the ridge. We are having so much fun ripping the house apart! I just hope we have some energy left to put things back together again. Here's what we've been up to:

Day 23 - We continued removing all the plaster on the walls and ceilings in the upstairs hall of the old part of the house.




 ...and we made a big mess!


Day 24 - Rest

Day 25 - Rest

Day 26 - Charlotte had a doctor's appointment and we met with two electricians for quotes.

Day 27 - Dad had a course today, so I spent some quality time with Caleb and Charlotte (walk - library - walk - hot chocolate - bake) and ordered the windows.

Day 28 - Ripped out kitchen ceiling and discovered some fabulous beams, which I plan to leave open now. Did I mention I knocked myself out with one of the 5x5 beams? Reno tip #1: Always make sure a beam is nailed BEFORE you hit it as hard as you can with a pinch bar...while standing on a ladder!


We've had a couple visitors lately...which I fed! If you know me at all, you know I'm not a cat person, but my sensitive side kicked in and I felt sorry for the little buggers. It all started when Caleb left his milkshake out on the table and they helped themselves. Day by day, I developed a soft spot for these two kittens until I finally broke down and bought them a couple of bowls and some real cat food. I'm a little bitter, because the day I showed up with their gifts is the day they decided to move on to some other sucker! I finally planted my Japanese maple to cheer myself up...not that I was disappointed the kittens were gone.



 The foundation is almost done! We just need the floor and slab connecting the old with the new.


She's all mine, baby!


It's a dirty job, but somebody's gotta' do it!


Day 29 - More library time and Gruffalo hunting with my babes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment